A great hearty dip loaded with cheese and chicken and of course plenty of Texas Brew Salsa. You can serve this recipe in almost anything, nacho chips, chalupas, enchiladas, taquitos or falutas. Be sure and check out the various options below. The possibilities are endless and great tasting.
Recipe by Brenda Craig, Texas Brew Products
3 Hrs 30 Min
½ cup + 2 Tbsp. Texas Brew Honey Roasted Chipotle Salsa, Hot
1 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup
4 boneless chicken breast (cutting up into tenders will decrease cooking time)
12 oz. cream cheese, cubed and softened
1 cup mayonnaise
2 poblano peppers, roasted, fine chop (can substitute with 7 oz. can of roasted poblano or green chilies, drained, chopped)
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. Boil chicken breast in water with 2 Tbsp. of salsa.
2. Drain, remove, cool and shred (or cook in slow cooker until tender).
3. Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
4. Cook on low for at least 3 hours.
5. Serve hot with chips or crackers.
1. Appetizer Toppings: Top roasted poblano pepper halves, individual nacho chips, or Chalupas. Top peppers, chips or Chalupas with chicken mixture, shredded cheese and bake till cheese melts. Garnish with Pico De Gallo, a thin slice of avocado, cilantro and salsa to taste.
2. Enchilada, Taquito Or Faluta Stuffing: Cook mixture in slow cooker on low for 1½ hours. Stuff and follow your recipe.
3. Mexican Mushroom Appetizers: Cut recipe in half. Cook mixture in a slow cooker for 1½ hours. Mix 2 Tbsp. olive oil, 2 Tbsp. melted butter and 1 Tbsp. of Texas Brew Honey Roasted Chipotle Salsa, Hot. Spread on the bottom of bottom of a baking dish. Place in a 350 degree oven until mixture sizzles. While baking dish is heating, remove stems from mushrooms and stuff liberally hot chicken mixture. Place mushrooms in baking dish and sprinkle with a generous portion of Mexican Blend Cheese. Bake approximately 15 minutes or until cheese melts. Brush each cheesy top lightly with some of the with a ½ and ½ mixture of melted butter and salsa. Serve hot.
Garnishes: Cherry tomatoes halves, avocado slices, Pico De Gallo, or cilantro sprigs.
NOTE: While every precaution has been taken in the preparation of these recipes, Texas Brew Products and the author assume no responsibility for errors or omissions, or for damages resulting from the use of the information contained herein.
NOTE: Image is for publication purposes only. It may not represent the actual prepared recipe.