This is an incredible appetizer of stuffed jalapenos. How can you go wrong with anything wrapped in bacon? Simple to prepare and can be made ahead of time.
Recipe by Paul Hostetter, Head Cook, Texas Brew Products Barbeque Team
4 Tbsp. Texas Brew Honey Roasted Chipotle Salsa, Hot
1 to 2 links Boudin sausage (can substitute ground chuck)
12 fresh jalapenos, seeded and cut in half
4 oz. cream cheese
12 slices bacon, cut in half (24 pieces)
1. Preheat oven to 350degrees.
2. Remove casing from sausage and crumble.
3. Slice jalapenos in half. Remove seeds and veins. (wear gloves & keep hands away from face).
4. Mix together crumbled sausage, cream cheese and salsa.
5. Fill each jalapeno half with sausage mixture and wrap with a ½ slice of bacon. Secure with toothpick.
6. Put in oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until bacon is well browned (or grill).
7. Remove from oven, remove toothpicks and serve.
NOTE: While every precaution has been taken in the preparation of these recipes, Texas Brew Products and the author assume no responsibility for errors or omissions, or for damages resulting from the use of the information contained herein.
NOTE: Image is for publication purposes only. It may not represent the actual prepared recipe.