A quick and easy soup that only you will know came from a can. Pick up some simple ingredients at the store. Empty them into a dutch oven and your family and friends will think you worked all day on this thick and hearty soup. It will be our secret.
Recipe by Daniel Dirmeyer , Executive Sous Chef, Biga On The Banks, San Antonio TX
½ cup Texas Brew Honey Roasted Chipotle Salsa, Mild or Medium
1 can black beans (drained)
1 can pinto beans (drained)
1 can ranch style beans (drained)
1 can diced fire roasted tomatoes with garlic (drained)
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1 cup yellow onion diced
½ cup tortilla chips crushed
3 cups low sodium chicken broth
Fresh cilantro, heavy chop
1 cup small cubed/pulled rotisserie or grilled chicken (optional)
1. Saute onion in olive oil until translucent in a heavy pot or Dutch oven.
2. Add cumin, chili powder and chips. Saute for 2 more minutes. You may add more olive oil to saute chips if needed.
3. Add Texas Brew Honey Roasted Chipotle Salsa, all beans, tomatoes, chicken (if using) and chicken stock.
4. Salt lightly to taste. Cover and gently simmer for 30 to 45 minutes depending on desired bean tenderness.
5. Serve over buttered cornbread or top with tortilla chips and shredded cheddar, Monterey jack or a Mexican blend.
Garnish Suggestions: Chopped cilantro, avocado slices, sour cream or Pico de Gallo.
NOTE: While every precaution has been taken in the preparation of these recipes, Texas Brew Products and the author assume no responsibility for errors or omissions, or for damages resulting from the use of the information contained herein.
NOTE: Image is for publication purposes only. It may not represent the actual prepared recipe.