This light and fresh salad is the perfect answer for a summer dinner party. Simple and fast with a gorgeous appearance, your guests will rave.
Recipe by Paul Hostetter, Head Cook, Texas Brew Products Barbeque Team
1 pound frozen, fully cooked medium shrimp, thawed (Optional)
1 cup red onion, thinly sliced or chopped
4 cups watermelon, roughly chopped
2 cups kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced or chopped
2 avocados, roughly chopped
2 cups of fresh pineapple, cubed
2 Serrano peppers, seeded & finely chopped (Optional)
¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
¼ cup bacon bits (Optional)
Roasted Pineapple Vinaigrette
4 tablespoons Texas Brew Pineapple Salsa
Juice of 1 lime
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1. In a large flatter salad bowl, combine the shrimp, onion, kiwi, watermelon, pineapple Serrano peppers and avocado.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the Texas Brew Pineapple Salsa, lime juice, honey, salt, and pepper.
3. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad; Gently toss.
4. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow the flavors to meld. Do not toss again.
5. Sprinkle with the cilantro and bacon bits. Top with a spoon or two of pineapple salsa.
Tip: For best presentation, slice kiwi and onions and make all other fruit chunks larger than 1″.
Garnish with grilled or sautéed shrimp marinated in Texas Brew Honey Roasted Pineapple Salsa or with avocado wedges.
NOTE: While every precaution has been taken in the preparation of these recipes, Texas Brew Products and the author assume no responsibility for errors or omissions, or for damages resulting from the use of the information contained herein.
NOTE: Image is for publication purposes only. It may not represent the actual prepared recipe.