Ever wanted to make that “ever so special something” for a pot luck or impress your friends? Well, now you can with our Green Chili & Chicken Savory Cheese Cake. Try this “unique” and different dish far from the usual fare.
Don’t let the word “savory” prevent you from trying this recipe and above all, don’t let the word “cheesecake” intimidate you either. The word “simplicity” defines this recipe, especially when you use pre-cooked chicken breast strips. Make this recipe and all there is left to do is sit back and enjoy all the compliments you will receive when you serve up slices of this creamy, cheesy, Tex-Mex delight as an appetizer or as a main course.
Recipe by Paul Hostetter, Head Cook, Texas Brew Products Barbeque Team
1-jar (16 oz.) Texas Brew Honey Roasted Chipotle Salsa, Hot
2 Tbsp. yellow cornmeal
24 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 cup chopped green onions (extra for garnish)
2 cups cooked fine chopped/cubed chicken, patted dry (can use precooked fajita meat)
1 – 4 oz. can diced green chilies
8 ounces shredded cheese, cheddar, Mexican blend, or Co-jack (extra for garnish)
Garnish: Chopped Cilantro, chopped onions, sliced avocados, tomato slices (or chopped) and shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Grease sides and bottom of a 9” spring form pan. Sprinkle cornmeal over bottom and sides of pan.
3. Beat together cream cheese, eggs, garlic powder, and cumin until smooth.
4. Stir in chilies, green onions, and chicken.
5. Pour ½ of the batter into the pan.
6. Spoon ½ of the salsa over batter and cover with ½ of the shredded cheese.
7. Add remaining batter and top with remaining cheese.
8. Bake 55 to 60 Minutes or until edges are set. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Remove side of spring form pan.
9. Top with remaining Salsa, sprinkle with shredded cheese, cilantro, green onions, avocado slices and tomato slices. Sour cream and sliced olives are great additions as well.
Suggestion: Slice and saute chicken breast in a tablespoon or two of salsa. Pat dry and cube. If using grilled chicken or precooked fajita meat, saute in salsa to soften, pat dry, cube and add to recipe.
NOTE: While every precaution has been taken in the preparation of these recipes, Texas Brew Products and the author assume no responsibility for errors or omissions, or for damages resulting from the use of the information contained herein.
NOTE: Image is for publication purposes only. It may not represent the actual prepared recipe.