Tender, juicy, skinless chicken breast topped with a rich, creamy roasted poblano sauce and melted cheese.
Recipe by Brenda Craig, Texas Brew Products
Grill The Chicken
8 boneless, skinless, thawed chicken breast halves (I prefer bagged frozen chicken for tenderness)
Grill chicken with your favorite mesquite or fajita seasoning until chicken is almost done. Put aside in a 13×9 baking dish and prepare poblano topping. Do not overcook!
Preheat your oven to 375.
Prepare Poblano Cream Topping
8 poblano peppers, cleaned and sliced into large flat portions for grilling
3 tbs. of oil
1 cup onions, finely sliced or chopped
8 cups sliced mushrooms (add exotic mushrooms such as porcini or shiitake if possible)
1 cup sour cream
Fiesta Fajita Seasoning to taste
1 16 ounce bag Mexican Blend or Mozzarella Shredded Cheese (more if you are a cheese lover like me)
Note: You may change the vegetables to suit your taste by using green peppers, squash, spinach or any other preference you might have. You may eliminate mushroom in preference of another vegetable if you wish. You might even want to add baby shrimp to the mix.
1. Wash peppers and dry with paper towel. Remove the stems and seeds. Slice into large flat strips. Place strips under a broiler, or on a grill. Cook until outer skin is blackened. Once the skin has blackened turn over and let cook for approximately two minutes. Remove from heat, let cool, cut into long thin strips and put aside. (Some prefer to remove the blackened skin prior to cutting into strips. However, leaving it gives a much more robust flavor).
2. Heat oil in a heavy skillet. Add the onion along with Fiesta Fajita Seasoning to taste and saute until soft and caramelized, about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook until soft. Add the grilled, sliced poblano peppers and stir well.
3. Remove mixture from the heat and let cool for about 2 minutes. Add sour cream gradually, stirring constantly. You may add more sour cream if you want your pepper mixture to be more of a heavy cream like consistency. Season to taste with more Fiesta Fajita Seasoning if necessary.
Prepare For Baking
1. Spoon a generous covering of the poblano pepper mixture on top of each grilled chicken breast and spread well.
2. Spread two tablespoons of Texas Brew Honey Roasted Chipotle Salsa on top of the poblano mixture on each chicken breast. Make sure you spread well.
3. Cover each breast with a thick layer of shredded cheese. Place in a 375 oven approximately 10 minutes or until done, depending on how long you grilled the chicken.
4. Remove from oven and serve with guacamole, sour cream, cilantro, tortillas, Spanish rice, beans and more Texas Brew Honey Roasted Chipotle Salsa to taste.
Note: This poblano pepper cream topping is excellent served on nachos, alone as a snack on tortillas, on chicken or beef fajitas; in conjunction with Texas Brew Honey Roasted Chipotle Salsa.
Cut up the ingredients a bit finer and it can be served warm over cream cheese when used in conjunction with Texas Brew Honey Roasted Chipotle Salsa. If served as a dip, consider adding baby shrimp.
NOTE: While every precaution has been taken in the preparation of these recipes, Texas Brew Products and the author assume no responsibility for errors or omissions, or for damages resulting from the use of the information contained herein.
NOTE: Image is for publication purposes only. It may not represent the actual prepared recipe.