Recipe by Paul Hostetter, Head Cook, Texas Brew Barbecue Team & Brenda Craig, Texas Brew Products
2 cups (16oz., 1 jar) Texas Brew Honey Roasted Chipotle Salsa (Medium)
1 pound lean ground beef
3 links Italian Sausage (casings removed. approximately 1lb.)
½ lb. chorizo sausage,
1 medium onion, chopped
2 (4.5 ounce) cans mushrooms drained (I used portabella), or 1lb. fresh mushrooms, thin sliced
1 (24 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (I used Primavera)
1 (16oz.) container cottage cheese, small curd
1 (16 oz., pint) ) part-skim ricotta cheese
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
12 uncooked lasagna noodles (if boiling noodles first, adjust your cooking time to about 30 minutes or if using oven ready follow package instructions for baking time)
5 cups (16 ounces + 1 cup) shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven 350° F
2. In a large skillet or Dutch oven cook and stir ground beef, Italian sausage and chorizo, until brown. Add mushrooms and onions; sauté until onions are transparent.
3. Mix together pasta sauce and Texas Brew Honey Roasted Chipotle Salsa. Pour mixture into meat. Simmer 5 minutes.
4. In a medium size bowl, combine cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, and eggs.
5. Spread 1 ½ cups of the meat sauce evenly in the bottom of a 13x9x2 inch pan.
6. Place 3 pieces of uncooked pasta length wise on top of the meat sauce being careful not to overlap especially if using oven ready noodles. Room around the sides is acceptable as the noodles will expand.
7. Layer ¼ cheese mixture, 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, ¼ remaining meat mixture. Continue layering until all ingredients are used ending with meat sauce on top, reserving 1cup mozzarella.
8. Cover pan with aluminum foil. and bake for about 60 minutes or until noodles are tender over a cookie sheet placed on the rack below lasagna to catch any drippings.
9. Uncover, and top with reserved cup of mozzarella cheese. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
10. Remove from oven, and let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
NOTE: While every precaution has been taken in the preparation of these recipes, Texas Brew Products and the author assume no responsibility for errors or omissions, or for damages resulting from the use of the information contained herein.
NOTE: Image is for publication purposes only. It may not represent the actual prepared recipe.