A wonderful side dish with all your favorites, cheese, bacon and Texas Brew Salsa. Serve with Texas Brew barbecue favorites; Texas Brew Chipotle Bacon Burger, Texas Brew Bacon & Parmesan Cheese Roasted Corn and Not Your Momma’s Cole Slaw or with Zesty Red Slaw Dogs . Your sure to be a hit at your next barbecue.
Recipe by Brenda Craig, Texas Brew Products
1 jar (16 oz.) Texas Brew Honey Roasted Pineapple Salsa
10 slices of bacon, fried crisp
1 medium onion, chopped
1 6 oz. can tomato paste
1 can (15 oz.) pinto beans, drained
1 can (15 1/4 oz) kidney beans, drained
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
¼ tsp. of your favorite hot pepper sauce (optional or increase for extra kick)
½ can regular cola, generic or name brand
8 oz. Mexican blend cheese (optional, excellent without the cheese)
Preheat oven to 375 °F. Spray 11×7 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
1. Fry bacon until crisp. Drain; set aside to cool. Reserve fat.
2. Sauté chopped onion in reserved fat until translucent; 3 to 5 minutes. Drain onions; set aside.
3. Crumble 8 slices of the bacon in to ½ inch pieces and mix with sautéed, drained onion; set aside.
4. Crumble extra two pieces of bacon into fine crumbles; set aside.
5. In a large bowl, combine tomato paste, cola, mustard, pepper sauce into a paste; mix well.
6. Add salsa, beans, bacon and onion to salsa mixture; mix well.
7. Transfer to baking dish. Bake beans till bubbly and hot; about 20 to 25 minutes.
8. Remove from oven. Top with a generous portion of shredded cheese and fine bacon crumbles. (optional)
9. Return to oven and bake till cheese is melted.
In A Hurry: Cook bacon and onion as directed. Combine all other ingredients at once making sure you mix well. Add bacon and onion; mix well. Bake and add toppings as directed.
Slow Cooker Version: Cook bacon and onions as directed. Add and mix all other ingredients as directed. Mix well and let simmer on low for 1 hour till hot and bubbly. Cover top of beans with cheese and sprinkle with extra two slices of crumbled bacon.
Serve with Texas Brew barbecue favorites; Texas Brew Chipotle Bacon Burger, Texas Brew Bacon & Parmesan Cheese Roasted Corn and Not Your Momma’s Cole Slaw or with Zesty Red Slaw Dogs . Your sure to be a hit at your next barbecue.
NOTE: While every precaution has been taken in the preparation of these recipes, Texas Brew Products and the author assume no responsibility for errors or omissions, or for damages resulting from the use of the information contained herein.
NOTE: Image is for publication purposes only. It may not represent the actual prepared recipe.