We have served this recipe to hundreds of customers and friends. As a result we have received so many requests for the recipe we decided to offer it to the public. Impress your family and friends with this great Texas Brew Products original Tex-Mex dish.
Recipe adapted by Brenda Craig from The Big Book of Potluck by Maryana Vollstedt
¾ cup Texas Brew Honey Roasted Chipotle Salsa,, Medium or Hot
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1½ cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
Salt and pepper to taste
8 large corn tortillas
8 to 12 oz. of pre-cooked chicken fajita meat, shredded or cubed
4 oz. can green chilies, drained
16 oz. Mexican cheese blend, I prefer all white blend
Black olives, sliced (optional garnish)
Green onions, chopped (optional garnish)
Cilantro, chopped (optional garnish)
Pico de gallo (optional garnish)
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Thaw pre-cooked fajita meat.
2. Saute in a sauce pan with 2 Tbsp. of salsa to soften.
3. Fry tortillas 5 seconds each side, place between papers. This makes them more pliable to roll up. (optional)
1. Melt butter in a medium sauce pan. Add flour and stir until bubbly. Add broth, salt and pepper taste.
2. Stir until mixture boils and thickens, about 2 minutes.
3. Stir in the ¾ cup of Texas Brew Honey Roasted Chipotle Salsa.
4. Remove from heat and slowly stir in the sour cream. Mix well.
1. Cover bottom of a 9×13 baking dish with 1/3 or of the sauce.
2. Lay a tortilla on a flat surface and add about 2 Tbsp. of chicken, 1 Tbsp. sauce, 1 tsp. of green chilies and 2 Tbsp. of cheese.
3. Roll up and place seam side down in the baking dish on top of the sauce. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
4. Pour remaining sauce all over, and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
5. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
6. Uncover and bake until bubbly, additional 10 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
7. Garnish with the olives, cilantro, green onions and/or Pico de gallo.
Serve with Refried Beans and Fried Spanish Rice. Top each with more salsa.
NOTE: While every precaution has been taken in the preparation of these recipes, Texas Brew Products and the author assume no responsibility for errors or omissions, or for damages resulting from the use of the information contained herein.
NOTE: Image is for publication purposes only. It may not represent the actual prepared recipe.