Add a sweet and spicy flavor of apricots and pineapple to your pork chops.
Recipe by Paul Hostetter, Head Cook, Texas Brew Products Barbeque Team
3 Tbsp. Mild Texas Brew Salsa
Texas Brew Pineapple Salsa (for glazing)
6 loin pork chops, 1 inch cut
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 Tbsp. butter
1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
1/3 cup golden or dark raisins
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 cup apricot preserves
1. Heat grill to 375 degrees.
2. While the grill is heating up, cook the onion and celery in the butter on a stove top until tender but not mushy.
3. Add bread crumbs, raisins, brown sugar, Texas Brew Salsa, ginger and apricot preserves and mix well.
4. Using a sharp knife cut a pocket in each chop leaving about a 2” opening. Stuff each chop full of the stuffing mixture.
5. Place each chop on the grill for about 4-5 minutes per side. After both sides have been seared begin brushing with Texas Brew Pineapple Salsa and turn every 2 minutes until both sides have been glazed twice.
6. If baking in an oven, pre-heat oven to 325 degrees and bake covered for 25 minutes. Uncover and spread Texas Brew Pineapple over the top of each chop and bake uncovered for an additional 20 minutes.
NOTE: While every precaution has been taken in the preparation of these recipes, Texas Brew Products and the author assume no responsibility for errors or omissions, or for damages resulting from the use of the information contained herein.
NOTE: Image is for publication purposes only. It may not represent the actual prepared recipe.